The developers at DME Forensics have been extremely busy and have just released V22.214.171.124 of their CCTV DVR Examiner software, the release includes some filesystem updates, improvements to existing features and the introduction of motion analysis.
New and improved features
Over the next few weeks I will be exploring the new features in more depth but for the time being here are the highlights, you can read more here
- Completely new and updated user interface with improved support for high DPI displays and scalability between different monitor resolutions.
- New landing screen to make it even easier to get started.
- Native support for E01 forensic images along with existing support for raw/DD forensic images.
- New Detection Results screen providing detailed information on the features and formats supported for each filesystem.
- New Scan Options window allowing user to configure special scan options
- Updated Clip List options
- Integrated Video Previewer
- Motion Analysis (Beta)
- New Exporting Interface
- Big Improvements in Save/Load speed and file sizes.
- New Job Engine
If you are involved in the recovery of video from CCTV DVRs and you are not yet a user of DVR Examiner you can obtain a free trial here and discover how much easier it is with a tool specifically built for the task.
You can read the DME Forensics announcement on their blog here