4-Hours of Instruction
This module aims to ensure students have a comprehensive understanding of crucial video terms and their meaning as they relate to video investigations. Students will delve deeper into the frailty of frame rates (particularly when determining speed and use of force) and explore the potential issues and benefits of certain video enhancements. The course stresses the importance of overcoming technical issues present in video prior to examination or creation of any demonstrative exhibits for investigation or court proceedings.
- Articulate video terminology and the limitations that affect accurate interpretation
- Understand limitations in calculating proper timing between video images
- Demonstrate an ability to deploy repeatable workflows to overcome common technical challenges
- Recognize the limitations and possibilities of video enhancements.
- Technical Terms and Concepts
- Frame Rate Revisited
- Variable Frame Rates
- Frame Analysis Report
- Aspect Ratio and Interpolation
- Temporal Compression
- Saving and Re-Using Workflows
- iA Operator (or equivalent experience)
Who Should Attend?