The iNPUT-ACE Metrologist Certification gives students the foundational knowledge needed to get accurate measurements of distance and time from video evidence.
This module is designed to advance the student’s knowledge of 3D rendering and re-construction through use of the iNPUT-ACE Camera Match Overlay Tool. Students will learn to use the Overlay Tool to overlay video evidence on top of point cloud data, allowing for accurate measurements and calculations within a documented margin of error. Additionally, students will gain the ability to measure object locations through Reverse Projection and 3D laser scan geometry.
The content for this class is delivered in two parts: First, students must watch a 2-hour, pre-recorded video that focuses on theory. Second, students will attend a 3-hour live, hands-on session with the instructor.
- Understand the fundamentals of Reverse Projection
- Understand the fundamentals of 3D Reverse Projection
- Demonstrate the ability to perform 3D Reverse Projection
- Understand the variables that affect Margin of Error
- Demonstrate the ability to calculate Margin of Error
- Reverse Projection and Laser Scanning
- Understanding the iNPUT-ACE Camera Match Overlay Workflow
- Walkthrough of case examples
- Camera Match Overlay
- Integrating with 3D Modeling/Point Clouds
- Correcting Lens Distortion
- Matching (Registering) Points
- Calculating Margin of Error