Omnivore V3 Changelog
Omnivore 184.108.40.206 - Released 12-02-2021
- Fixed issue with Omnivore captures over 10 GB that included audio, where completed capture would not open in Omnivore Viewer.
Omnivore 220.127.116.11 - Released 12-01-2021
- FFmpeg XML Viewer – Capture current view button added for copying results displayed to clipboard.
- FFmpeg XML Viewer – Search results are now highlighted to make them stand out more.
- FFmpeg XML Viewer – Selected column preferences are now saved.
- FFmpeg XML Viewer – Custom frame-type colors (I, P, B) are now saved.
- FFmpeg XML Viewer – Search returns to beginning of file after reaching end of file.
- FFmpeg XML Viewer – Fixed issue where GOP was miscalculated when file contained audio.
- FFmpeg XML Viewer – Fixed issue with find feature jumping to incorrect index when audio was turned off.
Omnivore 18.104.22.168 - Released 08-23-2021
- FFmpeg Convert Batch Processing – Added ability to drag & drop multiple individual files, as opposed to a single folder.
- FFmpeg Convert Batch Processing – Added support for scanning sub-folders when batch processing a folder.
- “Support – Installers and drivers” folders added to Omnivore ROM, this includes the Omnivore Field Kit driver, Omnivore Manager utility, and Apple QuickTime installer.
- Help Assistant Prompt added to Omnivore Viewer > export to MOV. if Apple QuickTime is not installed on the host system, Omnivore will recognize this and prompt you to install it using the QuickTime installer now loaded on the omnivore rom partition.
- Help Assistant Prompt added to Omnivore Viewer > export to WMV. If attempting to export OMVA to compressed WMV user is directed to export to MP4 or MOV. Previously this option was grayed out.
- Help Assistant Prompt added notifying users that after updating their Omnivore drive’s software they need to eject & re-insert the drive for the update to take effect.
- Fixed UHD scaling issue with the icons in the “Start Here” window.
- Fixed thumbnail preview bug in FFmpeg Convert.
Omnivore 22.214.171.124 - Released 07-27-2021
- Fixed bug that required users to mark IN/OUT points twice in FFmpeg Convert’s video preview player.
- Fixed bug with saving captures to Omnivore’s Unsecured or Secured partitions.
Omnivore 126.96.36.199 - Released 07-20-2021
- New & Improved Omnivore™ Field Kit Viewer!
- Auto-detects digital sources, stores data directly to file rather than sampling the signal.
- Automatically locks aspect ratio to that of the source.
- Convenient controls for controlling display size.
- Better performance.
- New FFmpeg Convert Video Preview player with integrated navigation and mark-
- Quickly & easily mark IN/OUT points to process only a section of video.
- Updated XMLViewer to include text search and Drag & Drop file open capability.
- Added a “Start Here” Home Screen, to quickly access FFmpeg Convert, Omnivore™ or the Field Kit Viewer.
- Added Lossless Trimming to FFmpeg Convert!
- Users can now leverage FFmpeg Convert to losslessly trim FFmpeg supported videos!
- Fixed bug where capturing video to Omnivore UNSECURED partition sometimes caused program to crash.
- Fixed bug where Previewer would sometimes freeze.
Omnivore 188.8.131.52 - Released 11-25-2020
- Fixed bug with Omnivore Previewer flashing white images while playing back video after a capture, experienced by some Win10 users.
- Fixed bug where overlay captured OS window shading & shadow border area around snapped-to windows, even when those features where disabled in the OS (i.e. transparent).
- Renamed “helpers” folder on ROM partition to “dependencies”.
Omnivore 3.4 - Released 06-12-2020
- Updated FFmpeg Convert to identify & process more file types.
- Improved Omnivore’s Optimization Process & Notifications
- Improved notification process for situations where optimization fails.
- Auto resets optimization values after failed optimization when user attempts new optimization without manually resetting.
- Notice to re-optimize when users change output settings after performing an optimization.
- FFmpeg Convert window resized to fit lower resolution displays.
- Audio Capture Settings Guide updated for Win10.
Omnivore 3.3 - Released: 08-01-2019
- Omnivore Viewer – FFmpeg Convert
- Added BATCH processing capability
- Added ability to playback files using FFplay
- Added video thumbnail and basic metadata to UI
- Added FFprobe Container & Streams report
- Added FFprobe Frame Information report (XML)
- Added all new FFmpeg XML Viewer for viewing Frame Information reports
- Added ability to change video output dimensions\correct aspect ratio
- Added ability to change video output frame rate (FPS)
- Added ability to TRIM video to duration of interest
- Added ability to export uncompressed WAV
- Added ability to export compressed MP3
- Added Video Standards & Display Aspect Ratio chart (PDF) & updated HELP files
Omnivore 3.1 - Released: 03-29-2019
- NEW Omnivore Viewer – FFmpeg Convert!
- Omnivore Viewer now includes FFmpeg Convert, which allows Omnivore users to open and process any file supported by FFmpeg on any Windows PC.
- Fixed Omnivore Viewer bug that doubled the frame count when exporting captures with Timecode captures to MOV.
Omnivore 184.108.40.206 Maintenance Release - Released: 06-15-2018
- Fixed Omnivore Updater application errors when ran on Win10 build 1803.
Omnivore 220.127.116.11 Maintenance Release - Released: 04-20-2018
- Fixed bug with Omnivore Viewer opening OMVA captures larger than 4 GB properly.
Omnivore 18.104.22.168 Maintenance Release - Released: 12-15-2017
- Fixed bug where using TIFF for image capture occasionally caused Omnivore to crash.
Omnivore 22.214.171.124 Maintenance Release - Released: 11-22-2017
- New: Added “Set to TFP” (Temporary File Path) link on OUTPUT SETTINGS tab. Clicking link after setting Output location automatically sets TFP to same path.
- New: Added additional system information to OMV/OMVA files and report, such as Operating System, Time Zone, CPU, and Video card.
- Fixed issue with Microsoft Defender & Security Essentials recent update(s) identifying Omnivore & Omnivore Viewer as security threat, preventing from launching.
- Fixed bug that occasionally disabled play button after captures played through until the end of file.
- Fixed bug in Omnivore Viewer where AVI files were being exported as 0 KB in size.
Omnivore 126.96.36.199 Maintenance Release - Released: 02-06-2015
- Omnivore 3.0 Software with new features
- Save Settings/User Preferences Per User
- Languages (English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French)
- Includes Capture report and mouse over messages
- Disable Countdown on overlay
- Clock Modes: Active Ticking Clock Mode or Passive Clock Mode (on/off)
- Change buttons to say “Set” vs “Set/Sync” is now model to Active and Passive Clock Mode
- Added message to reset clock when going from Passive to Active if time was already set.
- Set/Sync Clock Reset: now resets to +1 min instead of +2
- Disable end path on Save to “My Computer” selection is now a model setting.
- Capture Report updated – include Active Clock mode and new language about file creation date
- Active and Passive Clocks with better explanations of each mode as notes.
- Added super script to explanation for “File Created Date/Time” to prompt user to the explanation
- DVR Recovery Worksheet in help
- New USB 3.0 64 GB Drives available
- USB Port Mode detection: USB 2.0/3.0 Mode displayed in OMN header and Misc. Tab
- “Save as compressed JPEG MP4” added to Omnivore Viewer export options
- “Save as compressed MP3” added to Omnivore Viewer export options
- MP3 and MP4 added to Batch processing options
- WVM export – Was exporting whatever frame you were on as the first frame in the video